A message from the British Orthopaedic Association to people waiting for joint replacement and other orthopaedic surgery
We are acutely aware of the growing waiting lists that are affecting all planned surgery, but particularly orthopaedics (bone and joint treatment) which has the largest overall waiting list of any individual specialty. We have recently heard from people who are on waiting lists in very difficult situations and others who have been struggling to seek information about how long they might have to continue waiting. The message we have been hearing is one of concern, frustration and a lack of information. We know some hospitals have been actively supporting people waiting for surgery, but this advice has not been in place everywhere.
- Lockdown cycle trial despite hip surgery
- Coronavirus BOA FAQs for patients
- Private surgery recommences at Leeds Nuffield post COVID 19
- Yoga after total hip replacement
- Local surgeon celebrates 100th robot-assisted operation